– Reusable washable pair of Moderate pads in the ”Aicha” shape with Aubergine eggplant emoji print.
– Cotton top, cotton core, poly fleece back
– Black Plastic snap to close
– Less waste
– Fun print
– Easy to clean and easy to dry
– The average, menstruator will use up to 16,800 disposable pads and tampons during their lifetime
– There are claims that switching to reusable menstrual products helps to reduce menstrual cramps, infections and rashes.
– Disposable pads use plastics and sometimes ”gels”, that block airflow to your vagina, they usually contain rayon, which is known to be absorbent but also absorbs moisture in your vagina, and sometimes dioxins, artificial fragrances and more which can pose health and reproductive concerns.
– You save money in the long run if you look after your pads
– They are gorgeous and really change the relationship you have with your vagina
Give them a gentle wash before the first use. Be mindful of the detergent you use as your pad is going to sit at one of the most sensitive parts of your body. Dry them, you can do this in the sun, on a radiator (mind the snaps), air dry, etc
When you are ready to use your pad, snap them into your underwear, stitched side facing up, pull your underwear up, adjust if needed, and you’re good to go! I recommend changing every 4/5 hours for hygiene purposes, but if you find that you need to change your pad every 2 hours or less, you might need a pad that offers more absorbency.
Once you have used a pad, there are various ways to clean them, but we recommend a cold soak or a cold rinse as soon as you can! If you are at home, do it immediately, if you are out and about, store the used ones in a small toiletry bag or wet bag, once you get home, you can rinse or soak them in cold water before a was. There are different washing routines and it might take a few tries to work out what is best for you and your lifestyle. Ask questions, we are here to help!
All pads come with a standard black snap. If you require an extra snap on your pads, be sure to choose the appropriate option.
* Colour might vary ever so slightly due to the settings on your phone or computer screen.
* As these are handmade, we have done our best to ensure they are constructed to a high standard, however stitching cannot always be perfect, human error is to be expected.
* Please avoid using fabric conditioners or softeners on your pads, and stay away from bleach!
* Wash between 40-60 degrees and dry on low heat if you really must use a tumble dryer. You don’t want to damage the snaps or the pad!
* If there are any issues, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.